Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happy (Late) Mother's Day!

I know it is a few days late, but I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day! We went out of town to visit my folks in Southern California. I was so nice to be able to spend Mother's Day with my mom for a change! It was great to see everyone and just spend some time hanging out. For Mother's Day my brother BBQ'd for us at his house, which was actually pretty intersting, since he doesn't have any furniture in his living room. We brought lawn chairs from my parents house and had a totally ghetto fabulous time! :) Anyway, today I wanted to share with you the fabulous Mother's Day creations my girls made for me. First, on Friday I attended the annual "Muffins for Mom" party at the girl's preschool/daycare. This is the lovely creation they put together for me:

There is picture of both Aimee and Allison, some sweet sayings printed out on construction paper, and flowers. You can't really see in this picture, but on the vase are little flowers made out of paint and Aimee's finger prints, and one really big flower made out of Allison's foot print. I love it. So special!

Next, here is the card Aimee made for me at school:

The inside is adorable. She drew a picture of me and her and her teacher printed out something she said for the inside of the card. So sweet!

Next, my husband helped the girls each make a Mother's Day card for me, which I got on Sunday. First, here is the one he and Allison put together. Since she is only 7 1/2 months old, he wanted to trace her foot for the front of the card. Apparently, that didn't go too well, but here is the end result:


Don't worry, her feet don't really look like that! Ha ha. Below is the inside of the card. (FYI - her "Pottie" is her pacifier!).



And here is the card Aimee put together. First my husband downloaded some pictures that she had taken with her own camera. The picture on the cover is of her taking a picture of herself in the mirror.

Here is the inside of the card. There is a picture of her and I my husband took with her camera a while back. Unfortunately you don't get that great of quality from a Fisher Price camera, but it is still sweet! She also drew me a picture inside (not sure what it is!).


And lastly, my mom surprised me by making me a card herself! I have been trying to get her into card making since she has always been a crafting kind of person and was so impressed that she made me a card!


Well, now I just realized that I am going to have to think of something even better that I can have the girls do for their dad for Father's Day! Ack! I need to start planning now! Anyone have any fabulous ideas that would knock his socks off? If so, leave me a comment and help a girl out! :)


8 comments:

  1. OMG how fun is all this stuff, I was thrilled that my boys (13 and 16 yo) both made my cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't handmade cards the best!! Especially when cute precious little hands make them! Your mom's card is great too!
    TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, what amazingly sweet gifts! You are a lucky momma!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful gifts, some thing for the scapbook :), they all are so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    A beautiful Mother's Day flower arrangement will bring the soon to be mother to tears of joy and love and emotions so deep and wonderful that words cannot express the feeling. Expecting mother can also show their joy and excitement to the expecting mother with some flowers for Mothers Day.

    Thanking You.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty card for Mother's Day (Mother's Day's in March over in England) I love the colour.

    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful creations...made with love...by precious little hands..FS!

    ReplyDelete